Academic Incentives Regulation
Article 1. Aim
This document regulates the academic incentives (awards and supports) offered at Nile University of Nigeria (NUN).
Article 2. Content
The regulations cover all the full time and part time academics, and administrative NUN staffs’ activities mentioned in Article 5.
Article 3. Abbreviations
SCI: Science Citation Index
SSCI: Social Science Citation Index
AHCI: Arts and Humanities Citation Index
Article 4. Procedure
- The Authors applies to the Research and Grant Committee secretary, online or paper based with all necessary documents, at least one month ahead. For articles, only the current academic year is paid, not the past.
- The university staff applies with the related materials (trip documents, including boarding pass, copy of the printed full text paper or a document stating that the paper of oral presentation will be printed in full on a specified date range, certificate of participation) attached to the letter. Oral presentation ( keynote speaker) should be for only NUN; otherwise it shall not be paid. The Committee goes through the application and reports to the VC on the issue.
- If the conference application is accepted by the committee, the incentive amount paid is accepted as advance and it will be deducted from his/her salary. When the staffs send the documents (which show the attendance letter, flight tickets etc) to the Office of Human Resources’ it will not be deducted.
- In case there is more than one author, the amount will be divided by the number of all the authors involved in the paper.
- It is obligatory that the name of the university (Nile University of Nigeria) is acknowledged by a statement on the paper presented or the book published. And author should be the presenter for only NUN in the article or oral presentation. If it is written another University name with NUN, it shall not be paid.
The incentive figures are mentioned in Article 5.
Article 5. Academic work to be rewarded (scientific articles, presentations, books)
- Scientific Articles: Review / Original articles/ Letters to the Editor / Case Studies
- Papers published in SCI, SSCI, AHCI journals: N 300,000.00
2.Papers published in international refereed journals:
a- Other index except SCI, SSCI, AHCI N 50,000.00
b- Without index N 15,000.00
3.Papers published in national refereed journals: N 7,500.00
- Presentations: Oral presentations (congress and symposium etc)
- Oral papers presented at international peer review conferences (congresses, symposiums) abroad will be paid as follows:
For African Countries: For ticket, maximum up to 500 USD, in Naira, and for participation and accommodation fees 300 USD, in Naira. Maximum amount cannot exceed 800 USD.
For American Countries: For ticket, maximum up to 1300 USD, in Naira, and for participation and accommodation fees 500 USD, in Naira.Maximum amount cannot exceed 1800 USD.
For Europa and Asian Countries: For ticket, maximum up to 700 USD, in Naira, and for participation and accommodation fees 500 USD, in Naira.Maximum amount cannot exceed 1200 USD.
Poster presentations and workshop attendance shall not be paid.
The payment is for only once a calendar year. It should be applied one month in advance for incentive. Human resource office will buy flight ticket.
- Oral papers presented at international conferences (congresses, symposiums) within the country: N 50,000.00 (for only once a calendar year.)
- Papers oral presented at national conferences (congresses, symposiums) within the country: N 20,000.00 (for only once a calendar year.)
- NUN will offer incentives for only one paper presented in the same conference (congress, symposium).
Books should be more than 100 pages. Books with no bibliography will not be accepted.
- Books : N 25,000.00
- Chapter in Books: N 7,500.00
Article 6.This regulation shall take effect on the day of its acceptance by the Senate.
Article 7.The provisions outlined in this document are executed by the Vice Chancellor.
The Committee of Deans and Directors
The Senate / The Vice-Chancellor